To all Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeons in Scotland
There are a number of interesting changes afoot in orthopaedic trauma surgery at present, with the development of the ACCESS programme, the preparation for the MTC network, and the opening of the Southern General in Glasgow. At Summer SCOT the need for a better communications and a broad consensus on a range of questions, amongst consultants with an interest in trauma, was discussed and it was agreed that we should set up a Trauma Group.
The Group would:
- Be open to all interested consultants in Scotland
- Aim to consist of at least two consultants from each (prospective) MTC
- Have representation from all other hospitals treating trauma
- Provide a point of contact between geographically separated surgeons with similar fields of interest
- Provide a network for discussion of common problems and complex cases
- Provide a network for national clinical trials and research.
My proposal is that we initially set up this group by email through SCOT, and then plan to meet physically at Winter SCOT. We currently have an hour 12:00 – 13:00 on Friday 22nd January provisionally booked for this meeting
If you would be interested in joining this group, could I ask you to:
- Complete the on-line form below.
- Put the date Friday 22rd January 2016 in your diary